A & P Resources
Websites and Apps to Learn Human Anatomy and Human Physiology Online
Animated, Interactive Websites and Web Apps On Anatomy and Physiology:
- GetBodySmart – an online examination of human anatomy and physiology using interactive animations and diagrams.
- Kenhub – an engaging tool designed to help students learn human anatomy & Histology quickly and easily.
Free Websites by Educators, Schools, Governments, & Nonprofits:
- American Association of Anatomists – anatomy resource links.
- Anatomy & Physiology Course 1 – part of the Open Learning Initiative offered by Carnegie Mellon University.
- Anatomy & Physiology Course 2 – part of the OpenStax College offered by Rice University.
- The Anatomy Lesson – by Wesley Norman, PhD, DSc.
- Anatomy Tables – descriptions of arteries, veins, fascia, joints, lymphatics, bones, muscles, nerves, and viscera that are organized into tables by the University of Arkansas Medical Sciences.
- 3-D Brain – 29 interactive structures of the brain that can be rotated in 3-D space. Each structure contains information on associated functions, disorders, brain damage, case studies, and links to contemporary modern research (developed by Cold Springs Harbor Laboratory).
- Human Anatomy Online – laboratory dissections by Suny Downstate Medical Center.
- Khan Academy – instructional videos on biology, chemistry, healthcare, and medicine.
- OpenMD Anatomy Site Directory – large collection of health related websites, including an anatomy section.
- MedlinePlus Videos & Cool Tools – collection of interactive tutorials,
anatomy videos,and surgery videos.
- Musculoskeletal Atlas – collection of more than 80 anatomical images of upper and lower extremities from the University of Washington.
- Pat Bowne’s PATHO – interactive tutorials and quizzes for A & P and pathophysiology.
- U. of Pennsylvania – medical animation library.
- Web Anatomy – great set of quizzes and learning games.
- Wisc-Online – click on General Education >> A&P 1 & A&P 2. Animated learning objects.
Free Information Offered by Commercial Websites:
- Anatomy Drill and Practice (by Wiley Publishing) – a comprehensive collection of quizzes to test your knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Requires a Flash player plugin for your web browser.
- Anatomy Arcade – interactive learning games & puzzles.
- Anatomy Corner – a resource site for teachers and students of Anatomy & Physiology. Each topic includes worksheets, quizzes, notes and powerpoint presentations.
- Anatronica – 3D interactive anatomy for the PCs and mobile devices.
- Biology Corner – a site is meant to compliment a high school level anatomy class. It contains worksheets, images, study guides and practice quizzes to support a rich curriculum in anatomy and physiology.
- BioDigital Human – is a virtual 3D body that brings to life thousands of medically accurate anatomy objects and health conditions in an interactive Web-based platform. Requires Safari, Chrome, or Firefox and a good internect connection.
- Chiasm Body – an interactive muscle atlas presented by Nick Daines, a doctor and medical illustrator currently working in Southampton, England.
- Gray’s Anatomy – Henry Gray’s 1918 illustrations by Bartleby.com.
- Human Anatomy (McGraw-Hill) – a comprehensive list of learning exercises and videos to improve your understanding of human anatomy and physiology.
- Instant Anatomy – is a free web site created by Robert Whitaker, a retired surgeon and current teacher at Cambridge Medical School, UK. Instant Anatomy allows you to learn all about human anatomy of the body with diagrams, lectures, podcasts, questions, multiple choice questions and apps.
- Zygote Body – 3D, mutilayered, interactive human anatomy. Requires Safari, Chrome, or Firefox and a good internect connection.
Free Anatomy and Physiology and Human Body Websites for Kids:
- Children’s University – interactive, animated lessons on the skeletal, digestive, and nervous systems (an more) from ‘The Children’s University of Manchester’.
- Human Mind and Body
- KidsKonnect – human body links.
- KidInfo.com – a comprehensive set anatomy and physiology links.
- Neuroscience for Kids – Discover the exciting world of the brain, spinal cord, neurons and the senses. Use the experiments, activities and games to help you learn about the nervous system.
- Pediatric Patients: Learn About the Human Body Systems – a collection of body system links for pediatric patients (suggested bya student in Ms. Ward’s Class).
- Science 8 Human Biology – an online review of the human body systems by the Central Middle School in Waukesha, Wisconsin.
- The Science Spot – health and human body links.
- Teach the Children Well – a collection of links to sites carefully selected by a teacher (Elaine M. Doolittle, M.Ed.) for students as well as their parents and teachers. The site was designed for elementary grades but many of the sites will also be of interest to older students.
- The Virtual Body – Learn about the human body. Information is provided on the skeleton, the heart, the brain, and the digestive tract, and how they function.
Commercial Websites That Charge For Information:
- InteractElsevier (Cyber-Anatomy) – 3D interactives based on artwork from Netter and Gray’s Anatomy.
- Muscle and Motion – a dynamic 3D visual resource that makes musculoskeletal anatomy and kinesiology easier to learn, remember and understand.
- Netter Images – a collection of medical illustrations by Frank H. Netter, MD, and physician-artists,
John Craig and Carlos Machado. Topics range from human anatomy to clinical
disease states to new therapeutic technologies.
- Nucleus Medical Media – medical illustrations, medical animations, and interactive multimedia for publishing, legal, healthcare, entertainment, pharmaceutical, medical device, academia and other markets.
- Primal Pictures – medically accurate 3D models of human anatomy for sale by PrimalPictures.com.
- Visible Body – fully interactive 3D human anatomy model available by subscription by Argosy Publishing.
Popular Human Anatomy Apps and Anatomy and Physiology Apps for Mobile Devices
- Pocket Anatomy – ‘Pocket Body’, ‘Pocket Brain’, and ‘Pocket Heart’ (for iPad, iPhone).
- Visible Body – ‘Human Anatomy Atlas’, ‘3D Muscle Premium’, ‘3D Circulatory Premium’, ‘3D Brain & Nervous System Anatomy’, ‘3D Digestive System’, 3D Respiratory Anatomy’, and ‘3D Reproductive & Urinary Anatomy’ (for Desktops, iPad, iPhones, and Android Devices).
Anatomy Models, Charts, Poster, Simulators, Manikins, Physiology Testing Equipment, and Other Types of Teaching Supplies
- Anatomy Warehouse
- 3B Scientific
- Carolina (Life Sciences)
- Global Technologies
- Nebraska Scientific
- Please contact us at [[email protected]] or [[email protected]] if you find any broken links or have suggestions for new links.