Neuromuscular junction: structure and diagram
The Location, Size, and Shape of the Heart
- It is approximately the size of a man’s fist (230-350 grams) and is shaped like an inverted cone.
- About two thirds of the heart’s mass is located to the left of the body’s midline.
Learn the anatomy of the heart from scratch with these interactive quizzes and free fill-in-the-blank exercises.
- The narrow end of the heart, which is called the apex, is directed downward and to the left.
- It is located at the approximate level of the fifth or sixth rib, just above the arch of the diaphragm.
- It is directed upward and to the right and lies at the approximate level of the second rib.
Location and Orientation of Heart Quiz
Heart Quiz Anatomy – Anterior View
Heart Quiz Anatomy – Posterior View